In response to government advice on the coronavirus, CRACCL has taken the decision to withdraw volunteers from our libraries in Catterick, Richmond and Colburn.
Philip Wicks, Chair of CRACCL said: “We have a duty of care to our volunteers, many of whom are over 65 years of age, and subsequently at greater risk. However, in these unprecedented times, we recognise that libraries continue to play an essential role in providing access to information and digital resources. In partnership with North Yorkshire County Council, we will focus library staff in Richmond and Colburn in order to provide a reduced service.”
With effect from 5pm on Monday 23 March all libraries, Colburn, Catterick and Richmond will be closed until further notice.
Customers are reassured that we will not charge them for overdue items.
20/03/2020- Catterick and Colburn Libraries will be closed from Monday 23rd March until further notice. Please read more details down below from NYCC.
23/03/2020 - CRACCL and NYCC have made the decision to close all 3 libraries from 5pm today, the 23rd of March 2020. All libraries will be closed until further notice.
We are aware of your customer concerns about overdue items etc and are putting in place a number of temporary measures on the system to make things easier and provide some reassurance:
- With effect from today, all physical items borrowed (or renewed) will have a three-month loan period. This is also being applied retrospectively.
- all library members will be able to borrow up to 30 books on one library card.
- media subscribers will be allowed to borrow up to 10 audiovisual items at a time on their media subscription library card.
- If library cards expire, customers will still be able to access all digital resources and borrow ebooks/eaudio.
- We are no longer insisting that people visit a library to collect PIN numbers to access online services. These can be issued over the phone on verification of date of birth and postcode.
- People can now phone in if they wish to join the library. Membership card numbers and PIN should be emailed to them separately.
- Due to the changing situation with regards opening, with immediate effect, the reservation service is suspended.
NYCC set up one central phone number for the public to contact us. This is 01609 533878